Feeling Great and Keeping Active — Everything You Need To Know!
A wagging tail is the side effect of a happy, healthy doggy lifestyle.
Like humans, dogs are their happiest when they’re healthy. This becomes especially relevant as we get older or suffer ailments. Putting your dog’s health first is one way to ensure they are as happy, agile, and as ready for walks as they can be even in their twilight years.
Healthy bones are so important for your dog’s comfort and ability to exercise. Whether the concern is joint swelling that comes with age (in larger breeds like German Shepherds, Golden and Labrador Retrievers) or a predisposition to joint disorders (Daschunds, Bulldogs and Basset Hounds), any owner’s priority is to keep their pup feeling great. Here at Bell & Bone, we put your furry friend’s health first, and champion ingredients with tangible benefits that they’ll love to eat! This means no nasties and no fillers in our human-grade, hypoallergenic treats. Let’s see what makes them so special:
Does your dog ever suffer stiffness or difficulty moving? Whether it’s discomfort from old age, or helping your pup to jump onto the forbidden couch, flaxseed is here to help. It’s an incredibly healthy all-rounder and something that should be a regular in your pup’s diet. Here’s why:
- Omega-3 is an essential fatty acid that’s found in flaxseed. It’s important for cell function and works as an anti-inflammatory. This is particularly effective for promoting your dog’s bone health.
- Flaxseed helps lubricate joints and lessens stiffness and joint pain. This aids your dog’s mobility, so they can keep enjoying walks and cuddles.
- Flaxseed adds fiber for digestion and protein for energy. This will leave your pup feeling healthy, ready to run around, and keep active!
The turmeric latte craze is a craze for a reason. This golden super spice is so much more than a trend... it’s a true wonder ingredient that’s just as powerful for our pups, as it is for us.
Joint swelling, arthritis, and other normal, yet uncomfortable signs of aging can be combatted by turmeric, helping to ensure your pup is as comfortable and agile as possible. How?
- Turmeric is jam-packed with antioxidants. Being exposed to things like pollution and processed foods can lead to nasty side effects. Antioxidants protect your pup from these nasties and help to slow down aging, degeneration and even increase the lifespan of your pup.
- The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and wound healing activities. It can help fight diseases like arthritis, diabetes, gastrointestinal issues, and more.
- Studies show turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory that can work just as well as Ibuprofen in reducing pain, but without the gastrointestinal side effects.
- It’s important to remember that every dog is different, and discovering what works best for your pup is one of the many rewarding aspects of your bond. You can be confident that a healthy diet is a great first step to a happy dog, in conjunction with a lot of exercise, love, and ear rubs. Our Superfood Dog Treats will make your furry friends healthy and as happy as when doing the post-bath zoomies!